Gin and Bitter Orange drinks
Gin and bitter orange.
RECIPE BY: 🍋 THE LEMON KITCHEN
Used product: Chivers Old English Marmalade
Preparation time: approx. 20 minutes
Ingredients for 2 portions:
– 1 organic orange
– 80 g Chivers Old English Marmalade
– 100 ml of water
– 4 cardamom pods
– 1 organic lemon
– 1 sprig of rosemary
– 60 ml of gin
– 1 egg white (size M)
Utensils: zester, platter, knife, bowl, whisk, sieve, juicer, cocktail shaker, glasses (200 ml each)
1. Wash off the orange and pat dry. Peel off the peel with a zestzer in long strips and place in a bowl with ice water. Halve orange.
2. Mix Chivers Olde English orange with water and pass through a sieve. Press cardamom with the back of the knife.
3. Extract half of the orange and add to the cocktail shaker. Squeeze out the lemon and add juice to the orange juice. Wash rosemary and shake dry. Add gin and chivers mixture in the same amount with rosemary, cardamom and egg white in the shaker and shake vigorously for 2-3 minutes. Add ice and shake cold for about 30 seconds.
4. Fill glasses with ice cubes and divide the drink into 2 glasses (200 ml each). Finally, decorate with the orange zest and serve.
Tip: the rest of the Chivers mixture stays well sealed in the fridge for about 1 week and can be used for more drinks.