Perfect couscous salad “to go“
Couscous salad “to go”.
RECIPE BY: 🍋 THE LEMON KITCHEN
Used product: Chivers Lemon Curd
Preparation time: approx. 30 minutes
Cooking time: about 5 minutes
For 2 portions:
For the salad:
– 100g couscous
– 1 teaspoon curry powder
– 30 g of fresh salad
– ½ radicchio
– 50 g mango pods
– 100 g bean mix
– 1 (organic) orange
– 2 tablespoons peanuts, salted
For the vinaigrette:
– 1 (organic) lime
– 2 tbsp water
– 1 tbsp of Chivers Lemon Curd
– 8 tbsp olive oil
Utensils: stove, board, knife, bowl, whisk, strainer, fork, 2 mason jars (à 500 ml)
1. Prepare the couscous in hot water with curry and salt.
2. For the vinaigrette, the wash lime, dab dry, rub off the skin and squeeze out the juice. Blend lime grime and juice with water and Chivers Lemon Curd until smooth. Stir in olive oil slowly and season with salt and pepper.
3. Wash hair salads, shake dry and squeeze. Wash radicchio, shake dry and cut into thin strips. Wash the mangetout and cut lengthwise into strips. Rinse beans and drain. Peel orange. At the same time completely remove the white skin. Remove fillets.
4. Loosen couscous with a fork and divide into 2 mason jars (à 500 ml). Successively layer the mangetout, frisee salad, beans, radicchio and orange fillets in the glass. Sprinkle with peanuts and douse with vinaigrette.
Tip: The salad can be prepared well the day before and taken as a light lunch. To do this, fill the vinaigrette into an extra container and pour over the salad before serving.