Crunchy cassave with spicy mango dip
Crunchy cassave with spicy mango dip.
RECIPE BY: 🍋 THE LEMON KITCHEN
A few years ago that I had a similar snack / snack. Recently I tasted the Mango Orange Jam from Chivers and I immediately thought of a crispy cassava with a spicy mango dip. Sometimes I come up with recipes or taste combinations spontaneously when I taste something, and even in my sleep. This jam is perfect for making savory recipes. Soon you can also buy the Chivers products at Jumbo. See the crunchy cassava recipe below!
● 3 tablespoons Chivers Mango Orange Jam * to be found in the Jamschap 400 grams of fresh or Cassava from the freezer * To be found at some supermarkets, greengrocers or shops
● 1 organic lemon * 1 tablespoon of juice and 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
● 1 small madame jeanet pepper (finely chopped and added to taste) * to be found at some supermarkets and supermarkets
● Frying pan or other pan
● Zester or hand grater
1. First peel the (fresh) cassava, put a pan of boiling water on and cut into thin fries.
2. Cook them al dente in 8 minutes, let them evaporate for a while and turn on the frying pan or a pan with some sunflower or another oil that you can heat.
3. Fry them until they are golden brown and put them on some kitchen paper to drain. Sprinkle some lemon zest and a pinch of sea salt / salt flakes over it.
4. Now you are going to make the mango dip, mix the mango orange jam with a tablespoon of lemon juice, lemon zest and the chopped madame jeanette pepper (to taste) watch out, because they are fairly spicy!