Beetroot soup with orange fillets
Product used: Chivers Lemon Curd
Preparation time: approx. 40 minutes
Rest time: about 15 minutes
Cooking time: about 40 minutes
Recipe for 2 portions of soup:
For the garnish:
– 40 g marrow
– 40 g yellow beet
– 1 orange
– 1 stalk of parsley
For the soup:
– 1 red onion
– 400 g beetroot, pre-cooked
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 100 ml white wine
– 500 ml of vegetable stock
– 200 ml of orange juice
– Nutmeg, grated
– 2 tablespoons of Chivers Lemon Curd
Utensils: knife, board, planer, bowls, stove, pot, grater, blender
1. Peel and marinate the marigold and yellow beetroot. Then knead briefly in 2 bowls with salt and sugar, let it stand for about 15 minutes.
2. Peel the orange in the meantime. At the same time remove the white skin of the orange. Wash the parsley, shake it dry and pluck leaves from the stems.
3. Peel the onion and dice it roughly. Drain the beetroot and collect the brew. Roll the cake roughly.
4. Heat olive oil in a saucepan and fry onions and beetroot. Deglaze with white wine and simmer for about 2 minutes. Then top up with vegetable stock and orange juice and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and stir in Chivers Lemon Curd. Puree the soup.
5. Serve the soup with beetroot slices and orange fillets and garnish with parsley.